A vacancy exists for an experienced Electrical Supervisor to join the start up of our underground mining operations at our Rothsay complex, located in the mid-west Southern Murchison region of Western Australia approximately 360KM N/NE of Perth. The role will supervise a small team in the establishment, repair (planned or breakdown), servicing and installation of all electrical equipment and instrumentation.
Key areas of responsibility for the Electrical Supervisor include:
- leading the execution of all electrical activities on shift
- ensuring a safe working environment for all electrical personnel on shift
- implementing immediate remedial action on all hazards identified within the workplace
- supervising electrical installation work in field and ensuring HV and LV line drawings are kept up to date
- providing electrical technical expertise where required
- developing and training electrical personnel to relieve the Supervisor position when absent from the site
- coordinating and supervising all electrical contract workers
- ensuring all electrical maintenance and installation work is conducted in accordance with and complies with the Mines Safety & Inspection Act and Regulations, AS3000 and associated standards pertaining to electrical work
As a minimum you must have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- formal qualifications in electrical trade is mandatory
- a minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- experience with planned and scheduled maintenance is advantageous
- experience in managing costs and budgets
- demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness
- ability to communicate effectively with team members and operations’ personnel
This role will report to the Rothsay Underground Manager. Initially Perth based on a 5:2 roster with requirement for site travel to other Silver Lake operations, the role will ultimately be FIFO on an 8:6 roster.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click ‘Apply now’ and follow the prompts. Submissions close Wednesday 21 January 2019. Please note that only applicants who are legally able to work in this country can be considered.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.