We are looking for suitably qualified people to join the blast crew at our Aldiss Mining Project on our lease at the Mount Monger Operations (MMO).
Among the key responsibilities for this role include:
Safe and efficient loading, stemming and tying in of shots
- Operating stemming loader and other equipment as required
- Assisting with blast notifications and clearances
- Assisting with activities required for blast hole drilling such as marking up drill patterns and preparing collar pipe
- Performing general labouring duties as required including unloading HE deliveries and assisting with dewatering
- Ensuring OHS & production SOPs are followed before, during and after drilling and blasting activity
- Assisting with ordering and delivery of blast products plus maintenance of the magazine and stocktakes
- Maintaining work and magazine areas and equipment in a clean and tidy state
The successful applicant must have some open pit mining experience and be able to meet the following criteria:
Previous experience in a similar role
- WA C-class Driver’s License (manual)
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current Dangerous Goods Security Clearance
- Familiarity with a range of non-electric blasting and bulk products
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical
The position enjoys an 8/6 roster DIDO from Kalgoorlie or FIFO from Perth,
Please address each of the above criteria in your cover letter; the full role description will be discussed at interview. The successful candidate will be willing to devote the required time, attention and skill reasonably necessary to promote a productive culture as well as ensure the safe and smooth operation of the mine.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click "Apply Now" and follow the prompts.
Silver Lake's preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.