These newly created ROM Loader Operator roles are an exciting opportunity for hardworking, practical, and keen team-players to be a key part of our expanding site. With a second mining front being developed at Deflector, and ore due to be trucked from our Rothsay site to Deflector in the coming months, these roles will be essential in ensuring ore stockpiles are managed effectively and accurately. You will be responsible for running and maintaining the ROM pad to the highest standard, while ensuring effective communication between yourself and operators bringing ore to the ROM.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Operating ROM Production Loaders and ancillary equipment as required.
- Ensuring Crusher feed is adequately supplied.
- Effectively managing removal of all tramp material from ROM crusher feed.
- Effectively managing the removal of all oversize material, ensuring no fines are stockpiled with oversize piles.
- Maintaining accurate record of all material movement through the Loadrite reporting system.
- Maintaining high housekeeping standards both on the ROM and machinery.
- Liaising with and manage truck operators to ensure all loads are dropped in correct locations.
- Ensuring all ROM management Key Performance Indicators are achieved.
- Ensuring communication and direction between Underground dump trucks and Roads Trains are maintained.
You are a hard-working and self-motivated person who takes pride in maintaining a high standard of work and equipment maintenance. You work well in a small team and enthusiastically contribute to team and company goals. This role will require both day and night shift work on a rotating roster.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience operating and maintaining a ROM pad with multiple ore sources
- A Current C Class manual driver's license is essential;
- Mechanically minded;
- Must hold current nationally accredited tickets and demonstrated experience operating 980/966 Front End Loaders, Excavator and Rockbreaker;
- Forklift and Integrated Tool Carrier tickets are preferred but not essential;
- A proven employment history as a considerate and hardworking team member;
- Take pride in the high standard you maintain the ROM and machinery;
- The desire to learn and ability to solve problems independently;
- Provide First Aid Certificate (previously Senior First Aid) would be highly regarded;
- Be physically fit and able to work long hours in sometimes harsh conditions;
- A proven commitment to safety and Fitness for Work;
- Be able to provide a current National Police Clearance that meets company requirements; and
- The ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels across the organisation.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a small, social and committed team, working an 8:6, 7:7 roster either FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Geraldton and surrounding areas.
We promote a culture of mutual respect and equal opportunity. Our employment programs are underpinned by our commitment to diversity and equality and, as such, we welcome applications from women and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please follow the APPLY NOW prompts and attach an up-to-date resume and cover letter by no later than Friday 5th March 2021.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.
You must hold valid work rights for Australia and be based in WA to be considered for this role.