Our Deflector operations are nearing completion of our Process plant expansion; adding a CIP circuit and second Ball Mill to the existing crushing, grinding, flotation and dewatering circuit. To accommodate this growth, we are looking add 4 x permanent Fitter/Welders to our Maintenance team to be able to provide effective and safe planned and preventative maintenance to the operation.
As an experienced Fixed-Plant Fitter, you will bring a level head and calm approach when problem solving. The role covers maintenance for the processing plant, borefields, site infrastructure and village. Your safety-focus and collaborative approach will ensure that plant equipment is maintained at a high level of availability at all times, and that you become a key part of our fun, hardworking, and cohesive team.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Developing and working within site safety structures, including adhering to site safety directives, conducting risk assessments JHA’s and take 5’s and developing and working to SOPs;
- Carrying out Preventative and Planned Maintenance on fixed plant, including crushing, grinding, floatation and CIP circuits;
- Regular maintenance on crushing circuit which includes Metso C100 jaw crusher, HP200 cone crushers, as well as screens, pan and vibrating feeders and conveyors;
- Undertaking Pump rebuilds on slurry, centrifugal and peristaltic pumps, as well as with repairs and maintenance of associated piping and valves;
- Conduct maintenance and repairs to ancillary plant such as wastewater treatment, RO plant, bore pumps and generators;
- Welding of metal components to a high standard as required.
You are personable, inclusive and can develop excellent working relationships with your team, other departments, and contractors. You will be able to anticipate needs and react quickly to ensure all plant equipment is functional, as well as manage multiple demands on your time in a calm and considered manner.
- Mechanical Trade Qualification (Mechanical Fitter);
- Experience with general fitting activities in a mineral processing plant;
- Experience in using Pronto maintenance systems and recording and reporting history on plant and equipment would be preferred;
- Methodical and resourceful in fault finding;
- Solid crusher maintenance experience, in particular with Metso crushers;
- Experience in maintaining filter presses and sound knowledge of flotation systems is desirable;
- A proven commitment to safety;
- CN Franna crane ticket would be desirable ;
- Confined space, Work at heights, EWP, Forklift & Dogging tickets are essential;
- Poly welding, HR licence and High-Risk licenses such as rigging or scaffolding will be highly regarded;
- Experience with pump and hydraulic system fault-finding will be highly regarded;
- Hold a current C Class driver’s license and Senior First Aid Certificate; and
- Working knowledge of the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a fantastic team, working an day shift only 8:6 roster, either FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Geraldton and surrounding areas. You will be a key part of the Deflector Maintenance team during an exciting phase of our expansion.
We promote a culture of mutual respect and equal opportunity. Our employment programs are underpinned by our commitment to diversity and equality and, as such, we welcome applications from women and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please follow the APPLY NOW prompts and attach an up to date resume and cover letter by no later than Friday 5th March 2021.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.