Our Deflector Gold/Copper mine is in an exciting growth phase with both the mine and the mill expanding. We are nearing completion of our Process plant expansion which will add a CIP circuit and second Ball Mill to the existing crushing, grinding, flotation and dewatering circuit. To accommodate this growth, we are looking to add 2 x permanent Electricians to our Maintenance team to be able to provide effective and safe planned and preventative maintenance to the operation.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, and as a key part of the Maintenance team, you will be responsible for providing electrical maintenance across the operation, including in the plant, borefields, site infrastructure and village. Your safety-focus and collaborative approach will ensure that plant equipment is maintained at a high level of availability at all times, and that you become a key part of our fun, hardworking, and cohesive team.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Performing electrical maintenance across the operation, including fixed plant, water supply systems, tailings dams and any other mine and camp infrastructure;
- Assisting in fault finding and failure diagnostics as required;
- Liaising with Supply personnel on electrical purchasing and inventory;
- Performing all work in a safe manner, and in accordance with Job Procedures and JSA's;
- Liaising with the Maintenance and Plant personnel to ensure optimum equipment performance and availability;
- Reporting on completed maintenance tasks to ensure improvement opportunities are maximised;
- Ensuring the electrical workshop facilities and equipment are in good working order; and
- Complying with the Office of Energy Electrical Requirements and Mines Regulations.
You are an enthusiastic, motivated individual, who has the ability to communicate effectively with people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Your strong safety focus, coupled with your exceptional problem solving and fault finding ability, will see you become a valuable asset to the Maintenance team.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Electrical Trade Qualification and hold a current A Grade Electrical Workers Licence;
- Demonstrated post-apprenticeship mine site experience;
- Cert IV Instrumentation ticket is essential;
- HV switching qualification preferred;
- Cert IV in Hazards Areas-Electrical is desirable but not essential;
- Previous fixed plant experience in the operation and maintenance of electrical equipment and instrumentation installed in wet processing plants;
- Have a safe and methodical approach to maintenance;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the WA Office of Energy Electrical Requirements and WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations;
- Microsoft Office suite and computer based maintenance systems experience (Pronto preferred);
- Hold a current "C Class" WA Driver's Licence; and
- Senior First Aid Certificate, HR drivers and High risk licenses will be highly desirable.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a fantastic team, working a day shift only 8:6 roster, either FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Geraldton and surrounding areas. You will be a key part of the Deflector Maintenance team during an exciting phase of our expansion.
We promote a culture of mutual respect and equal opportunity. Our employment programs are underpinned by our commitment to diversity and equality and, as such, we welcome applications from women and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please follow the APPLY NOW prompts and attach an up-to-date resume and cover letter by no later than Friday 5th March 2021.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.